Thursday 10 May 2012

Horrible experience at KLIA


Landed at KLIA late at night  by MH 2631, 11pm on 11April 2012, for my connecting journey to Japan the following day. No hassle at Custom clearance, proceeded smoothly to baggage claim. And that was a pretty long wait, considering there were only a few flights at that time, Kuala Lumpur International Airport was not busy at all at that time.

My bag came finally, with a torn handle . The baggage claim department then advised me to report to Baggage Services (Lost and Found Office) of  Malaysia Airlines. The officer on duty said that it was only a small damage and their  repair service contractor would not be able to do any repair within a short period of time. But, the office would provide me with a damage report and advised me to make a claim from my travel insurance . Left with no choice, I could only accept their advice and waited for the damage report , which was just a standard computer- print out with no signiture of any sort .

OK, I have a report now . But, what was I suppose to do with this torn bag ? Would not be able to lift it without the help of a handle, though I could still pull it !!  I, hence requested the officer in charge of my report to look for a string or something which I could tie around the buckle ring. So, I could at least still be able to use the torn bag for the rest of my trip.

To my horrible surprise, I was informed that there was not a single string or a rope or anything of that sort , which can tie . And the officer keep emphasizing , the office is only a service department , which does not  offer any other assistance other than report service.

Of course, I wasn't satisfied about the official standard reply, tried my luck with another officer ...don't be surprise if I was given the same answer again.

OK, I told both the officer ....it is impossible for a baggage department, not even able to provide a string or rope of any kind.  And, I insisted that they would have to think of a way for me. I even offered to go to the back office to search for one on my own. Of course, I was denied entry .

Could not stand this kind of service any more, decided to raise my voice and continued with my complaint. They have no choice, one of the two officers , finally and reluctantly came out with a hard plastic yellow band, which is a common item in all airports. 

He "helped" with the tying up. But, the yellow band is so hard and it was hurting so much , when it was used as a handle. I later suggest to have the yellow band "handle" wrapped with fragile tape and followed by cling film .

However, no further excuses were given !!



the result after much arguements


No comments:

Post a Comment