Tuesday 8 May 2012

Dotombori at night



Osaka is well known for its food, and Dotombori is the place where tourists and locals alike will find great food of Japan at this street. Dotombori is in the Namba area of Osaka, a single street with famous restaurants on both sides.
It was packed with tourists when we were there, who are easily recognized by their cameras in hands. We haven't  a  chance to re-visit during day time; I believe it should be equally busy.
Mechanical signs are gigantic and brightly illuminated ….Giant crab with moving legs is one of the main attractions, most official brochures and guidebooks to dotombori that I had come across , are featured by the picture of this giant crab.


The famous giant crab with moving legs that can be found in every guide book and brochure of Osaka
 
Was looking for  Meiji chocolate for Jackie,the very moment I stepped onto Osaka ground . When I first saw this   restaurant, really thought this could be the place for it . It failed me of course !!


Actual size plastic food models on display in front of most restaurants, a great help for tourist like myself, for I know no more than 10 japanese word.

Squid is commonly used in japanese cuisine
Puffer fish lantern --dare you try the puffer fish?

3D golden dragon


Packed with local and international tourists

Kuidaore Taro-- the mechanical clown drummer, always surrounded by keen tourists who wish to have their photos taken together with him ...I waited for quite sometimes before I finally found him "free" from visitors.

Taro cards fortune telling , business looked good !

No comments:

Post a Comment